Sunday 27 November 2016

Moar Orkz

The Oldhammer bug has continued to buzz inside my skull for the past week or two and I have some more orcs fresh from the painting table. This now gives me half a usable unit and is more than I have painted in a long time. While painting I have been pondering what I want to do with this project and I realised that I don't want to spend ages on eBay tracking down old Citadel Miniatures. They were great miniatures and I still like the look of them but I simply don't have the time to spend hours looking through vastly exaggerated listings to find the miniatures I want when perfectly good miniatures are still in production. So I am going to try to build decent 2nd Ed. Warhammer armies using miniatures that either captures the style of old Citadel or that we used to use before "thou shalt only use GW stuff" became the first commandment of Warhammer.

There are also places where the background changed significantly between 1st/2nd Ed. and subsequent ranges of miniatures. For instance, chaos thugs and marauders which, in the 2nd Ed. fluff were norse and eastern barbarians who had fallen under the spell of Chaos. They later turned into a Mad Max roadpunk thing before settling on a conan themed fetish look. Sticking with the original idea I am looking at ranges that have a norse or eastern look to them although I may keep the styles of the original four Chaos gods or simply go my own way as we had to before the Realm of Chaos books were published.

Anyway while I am still trying to work all of this out for myself, here are a couple of shots of the orcs so far:



the lineup



and in ranks.

Test paints for chaos next if the gods allow.

No comments:

Post a Comment